Conscience..Whatz that??

Lately, I have been receiving a lot of mails from ppl who support the anti-reservation movement. Well, nothing wrong in that.

But, some try to appeal to my conscience and ask me to take a stand now. And tell me how doesn't my conscience pricks me and all that. For them,I would like to say my conscience is dead. Yes, dead and burried. It has died a slow death but it is dead.

It died first the day the masjid was fallen..
A little part died when riots broke all over Mumbai and ppl started killing each other..
Some part of it died when a series of blasts rocked Bombay and simply changed the way Bombay lived..
Some part of it died when Graham Staines and his sons were burnt alive...
It died when ppl were killed coz they had skinned a dead cow..
It died when ppl died of starvation when there was food rotting in the godowns..
It died when I saw some ppl scrapping thru our leftovers just coz they were expected to earn their food that way by virtue of being born in some god-dammned caste...
It died when devotees were burnt in a train..
It died when ppl were killed just coz they belonged to a particular religion..
It died when rapes became a common occurrance...
And, I dont know how many deaths it has died.....

So, do anything..but dont appeal to my conscience. My conscience is dead..How else do you explain my existence????

HP

Comments

Anonymous said…
beeyuutiful man... really touching...

and i dont want to insult the tone of your post by adding any more words to my comment...

keep it up!!!
Anonymous said…
so conscience only dies when people of ur kind are affected ... great !!!
HP said…
@Iyer,
Was heartfelt..Thanks

@Anonymous,
My conscience..my friend, I am talking abt my conscience

Cheers,
HP
Priya said…
Hi Hari...1st of all sorry to read this post so late. But now tht i did, I ws almost in tears as i read ur post (& I mean it, truely)...I remember MJ's song..."Heal the world...Lets make a better place...fr U & fr me & the entire human race"...I wonder how does Dear God up ther lookin at t happenings here, does'nt loose His patience!...My conscience cries wen i even think of such things & thts probably y i somtimes choose to be unaware of such happenings. My heart goes out to all those who've sufferred t brunt. But I genuinely feel U cld'nt hav ended ur post wid any oth words than these...My conscience is dead..How else do you explain my existence???...

~Pri..
HP said…
@Pri,
Just the emotions came rolling out..

HP
mattu said…
@HP
dude good post but just one thing.....don't die so soon, we're young n have a lot of potential.If we wanna change things we can.....the sad part is no1 is ready to fight for another's cause until they themselves undergo trauma.Take the eg of the mujaheideen, they're ready to go any xtents becoz they've lost everything they had mebbe in front of their own eyes.That's wht it takes to make a rebel.....it's sad that none of us realize n do sumthin b4 the disaster strikes us.
HP said…
@Matz,
You are true to some extent..
We dont understand pain till we go through it...

Popular posts from this blog

India-Pakistan Future

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams